Sunday, October 9, 2011

re: Welcome Home

Wednesday, October 5

Dear Barb Cerri,

Danke schoen. I mean thank you.

Sandy and I arrived at Logan 2:30 AM (our clock) today, this morning, via Lufthansa 3360 miles from Frankfurt to Boston. Don't care to hear German for a while. Watched 3 movies on the way. Woody Allen's latest about Paris, “Roman Holiday" with Gregory Peck and introducing some one named Audrey Hepburn, and then "Bad Teacher."

B-Mail went in the postbox this AM. I am NOT a slacker.

The vacation album will be awesome. A blog maybe sometime. I took 30 photos just with my telephone. I will ask Kezia to send the phone ones out in three sections. Greece, Istanbul and Czech Republic. The phone pictures should be on Facebook this week. Kezia, KEZIA !!!

Have heard absolutely no news for three weeks. Friendly’s Ice Cream?

Having Czech blood YOU need to go to Prague !! OMG
Giovanni needs to go also if only for the Pilsner beer. OMG OMG!

My paternal Great Grandmother was Bohemian. Her name was Anna Agnes Boudo/Bacon. In Czech they pronounce it Ianya. She was born in Bohemia (Czech Republic) in 1852. I wonder if my eyes took in what she saw when she lived there before she emigrated to the United States of America. I hope so.

From,
Robert Francis Bacon Bachand Lemanski Tocino


Anna Boudo and George Washington Bacon

p.s. Musica.
We heard "Love her Madly" in Istanbul at the bazaar. “Tally Me Banana” by Harry Belafonte on the sailboat in the Greek Islands, along with "Green Onions" by Booker T. and the MGs. "Low Rider" while sitting along the river drinking Pilsner in Prague, looking up at the castle. “Rockin’ Robin” as we were leaving Old Town in Prague for the last time. Well maybe not for the last time. Gipsy Kings in a shop in Athens. And of course, Frank singing "My Way" from the restaurant on top of our hotel in Istanbul, while eye balling the Blue Mosque. You can't m u s l this. I conclude that the people of these countries love us but especially our musica and movies. CHIFLADOS !!

No comments: