Monday, June 19, 2017

Donna Adams

I know the birthdays of 193 people. With a few death days and even more anniversaries. Who knows why. Every new year I transfer them into my business appointment book. I will think of you that day. Maybe even call you or simply ask Sandy to send one of her beautiful cards.

Last Tuesday three years ago our good friend Donna Adams passed. I thought of her often as the exact anniversary day approached.

I called Randy. I had it all figured out as to what I was going to say. But when the phone picked up it was Donna who answered.

What a treat. It made me smile and laugh.

. . .

There was a story a while back about a young girl who was having an argument with her dad. The next day he died. She was, of course, heartbroken. Later she remembered that he had left her a message that she had saved on her phone. She tried everything with the phone but she could not retrieve it. She just wanted to hear his voice again.

The phone store could not figure it out either. Finally a blue haired young man full of tattoos came over and worked on it. No luck. Then he had a idea. He turned up the volume and there it was.  Happy Fathers Day.

It was so very nice to hear Donna’s voice again. Thank you, Randy, for leaving Donna on your answering machine.


No comments: