Monday, July 19, 2010

Chet Urbati



Question from CECS Chet Urbati:
Bob, who first took you to the top of the hangar to the top of the water tower to change the observation light?

Bob’s Answer:
Chet, was it the same Seabee who sent me a baboon skin from his duty station in Ethiopia?

Who got blown up on the tarmac in Vietnam?

Who was stationed on American Samoa?

Who married a girl from Puerto Rico?

Who lied to the Chief about me climbing the water tower at the Hingham Ammunition Dump when he had let me go on liberty early to see my girlfriend?

Do you mean the guy who took me to the bar in west Quincy that had a sign in the window, WE DON'T HAVE A TV BUT THERE IS A FIGHT HERE EVERY NIGHT?

Who took me under his wing when I came aboard South Weymouth Naval Air Station and even brought me to visit his Mom and Dad at Crow Point when I was still a wet-behind-the-ears 19 year old?

Who taught me all about metals, especially COPPER?

Whose wife Carmen I met while dancing Cajun at Mulates in New Orleans?

The guy with the 44 years of hash marks?

His last duty station was Gulfport, Mississippi.

Rumor has it that he made Senior Chief.

That boring guy?

I forget his name.

by Bacon CEW2 693-10-63

No comments: